Multiple downloads for email (without having to enter email multiple times)

sonicarmoryaudio

08 Jun, 2016 01:10 PM

I think it would be really useful for artists to be able to offer multiple different downloads in exchange for an email without the fans having to enter their email for each item they want to download. For example say a musician wanted to have a page with all of their releases available as downloads in exchange for an email. Ideally the fans would be able to enter their email once and then choose all the releases they want download without having to enter their email each time.

One somewhat tricky part might be if the artist wants the fan to opt in and confirm their email before downloading but i'm sure this can be figured out.

Hive offers a service that does something like this however they charge a pretty hefty price for their service so basically artists end up having to pay in order to give their music away. They also encourage fans to sign in using Facebook so the email you end up collecting is whatever email the fans use for Facebook which often times is not the best email for actually contacting them. Hive also doesn't have an option to require double opt in (or email confirmation) so you also end up with a lot of bad emails bc of that. It also doesn't integrate with third party mailing list clients like mail chimp. They want you to use their email list service which unfortunately has a poor spam rating so more often than not most of your emails never make it to the fans inbox.

Perhaps Cash Music already has a solution for this that i'm unaware of? If anyone knows of one please let me know. Additionally if Cash Music has plans to build something like this I would love to hear about it!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 10 Jun, 2016 01:44 AM

Hi,

Yeah you can do all that today. For multiple downloads you just need to
    make a release asset and assign however many assets to the "fulfillment
    assets" field. They're called "releases" but really you can use them as
    bundles. (Attaching screenshot.)

And yeah you can do confirmation or not when someone signs up for a list.
    Totally up to your preference.

j

[image: Screenshot from 2016-06-09 13-00-28.png]

2. Tom Filepp closed this discussion on 17 Feb, 2017 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac