Direct links from Element creation page to Element edit page to Template editing page

sarahewilkes

19 Mar, 2016 01:35 AM

It took me several tries to figure out how to get an element to show up on a Campaign page. I'm getting excited now that I know how to do it. Suggestion for how to move the user through each step of the process:

1) See attached file "Add Element page.png".
I wish that when you got to the Save button on an Add Element page, there was a second button (or just one button) that was "Save and Publish" or "Next" that saved and then took you right to the Edit Element page. Which leads me to 2)...

2) See attached files "Edit Element page.png" and "Edit Element with settings expanded.png".
On the Edit Element page, I wish the "Element Settings" section was already expanded when you went to the page. It's easy to miss that some Elements have additional settings that aren't on the Add Element page, and that there's a save button hidden down there.

3) See attached file "Template editing.png".
I wish there was a section on the Edit Element page that was something like "Publish This Element to a Webpage" with maybe two subsections called "Publish Element To A Cashmusic.org Campaign Page" (could include a link to the "Edit Template" page, etc.) and "Publish Element To An External Page" that includes the "HTML embed code".

4) Bonus/dream: Since its kind of billed as an Edit Element page, rather than a embed code/publish element page, and since embedding/publishing tends to happen after the editing phase, I suggest putting the Element Settings on the top of the page and the HTML embed code or any other publish sections below it instead of above it.

1. 1 Posted by sarahewilkes on 19 Mar, 2016 01:36 AM

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac