Custom Download Codes...

Swagato Gangopadhyay

17 Nov, 2018 05:44 AM

Hello,

I have created a TEST product in my Admin Panel, and added 25 codes, just to test everything. In that CSV file, I saw, all the generated codes are 10 alpha-numeric characters.

Now, my question is, how can I generate custom download codes? Like, with a prefix (our company's abbreviation), and only-numbers, and/or only alphabets, and/or less/more characters, and a suffix, etc?

Also, all generated codes of all the products are different, right? That means, there is no chance to generating one exactly same code, for two different products, right?

Can we bundle more than one different products in the same generated code? So that, people having that single code, can download more than one products, associated/configured in that same single code?

And, can you add a feature (apart from the above-mentioned one) to generate some codes, where a downloader can choose to download any one (or two/three, whatever as we set) release/s, from a list of releases we set, for that particular code? This way, we can generate some codes and sell it elsewhere like "Download Any Two Albums, from 10 Albums", etc. (example). This can be a very useful feature for many artists, I am sure.

Waiting eagerly,

:-)

1. 1 Posted by Swagato Gangopa... on 18 Nov, 2018 01:11 PM

I have created a release, made some download codes, added it to the inventory and created a 'Redeem Code' element. Added that element's one-line JS code in a test page and uploaded it to our server.

But, that code is NOT showing anything at all, in the HTML.

How to make it work?

Most importantly, CM has no proper documentation of all these things. I just followed the steps as I felt what it should be. But, there should be a proper guide document.

Please let me know.

:-(

2. 2 Posted by Swagato Gangopa... on 27 Nov, 2018 03:54 PM

No one is going to solve this? :-(

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac