How to edit custom embed

Paul

29 May, 2017 01:46 AM

Hi!
I'm trying to customize an email collection element. I really only need to change the font and the text color. I'd like to keep the green, but I need the black and grey text to be a lighter color. I just figured out you're supposed to click on where it says "edit custom embed", so I think I'm on the right track. But nothing I type actually has any effect on how the embed is displayed. What exactly should I type in there?
(I started another thread yesterday about not being able to uncheck the show agreement checkbox. I can't wrap my head around that one either.)
Thanks a lot!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tom Filepp on 15 Jun, 2017 05:37 PM

Hey Paul, you should be able to override the CSS styles in the custom embed override. Here's a copy and paste from another thread on here:

You'll likely have already selected either a dark theme or light theme. You'll know because you'll see one of these two tags:

or

I'm going to give you the CSS to override the dark theme, but if you used the light theme, just switch out the word dark for light.

The CSS:

<style type="text/css">
    body.dark input[type=submit], body .button {
       background: black ;
       color: white;
       font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace
    }

body.dark input[type=submit]:hover, body .button:hover{ background: white; color: black; font-family: "Courier New", Courier, monospace } </style>
    Make sure you place this code right before the tag—beneath the linked stylesheets.

You can swap out the colours using colour names or hex codes. For some examples, look here: http://www.w3schools.com/html/html_colornames.asp

And you can switch out the font using either web safe fonts such as these: http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css_websafe_fonts.asp

Or google fonts: https://designshack.net/articles/css/a-beginners-guide-to-using-goo...

Hopefully that helps!
    Tom

2. 2 Posted by contact on 27 Oct, 2017 02:32 PM

Dear Cash music!

I'm also super interested in this thread. I tried looking everywhere for this info and just can't get it to work.
    I'm editing an email collection item and just can't seem to get anything working. No matter where I insert the customised CSS, whether it's in the custom embed code, in my own page CSS or in the .cashmusic.org page, nothing works.
    It did, briefly and then, when tried to reproduce the success on my page, it went back to the dark theme without changes.

I would love to use your tools, they seem to be exactly what my band needs.
    Maybe a short tutorial on how to edit simple CSS attributes for those buttons? I literally just need to edit the sign up button colour in the light theme.

--
    André for Silence Is The Enemy

3. 3 Posted by Jona on 02 Nov, 2017 07:58 PM

Seconded! I'd love to know how to customize the CSS. I'm also unable to get it to change for the life of me.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac