Moving Cash Music to new location on same server

lostsoundtapes

29 Jun, 2015 09:07 PM

Hi there,

I have been using Cash Music for digital downloads for my record label. It's been working great!

Unfortunately I need to move the location of the application from lostsoundtapes.com/cashmusic to a sub-domain cashmusic.lostsoundtapes.com since I'm going to be pointing lostsoundtapes.com as a custom domain for Storenvy.

It seems as if I need to update some setting to change the URL but I can't figure out where I would do that.

I'm waiting to change the lostsoundtapes.com DNS until I get Cash Music worked out as I've used it for over 20 releases now.

Visit cashmusic.lostsoundtapes.com to see the error message that I'm getting.

Not Found
The requested URL /cashmusic/admin/controller.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

If you could help me figure this out, that would be awesome. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 30 Jun, 2015 04:49 PM

Hey,

Looks like it's expecting all the CASH admin stuff under /cashmusic sort of like you had the old setup. Instead you put it at /admin (a little nicer I suppose.) For now try adding a /cashmusic/admin folder and moving all the stuff you have in /admin to there. Should sort you out temporarily as you set up up how you like it.

Let me know if that helps.

Jesse

2. 2 Posted by lostsoundtapes on 30 Jun, 2015 06:24 PM

Hmm, I don't remember messing with the folder structure. I believe I did a standard install in March 2013.

All I did to change my set up currently was to set up a sub-domain and point it to the /cashmusic folder that I had been using.

3. 3 Posted by lostsoundtapes on 30 Jun, 2015 06:43 PM

Looking through the files, I see paths for api and admin www base path that should change.

API location is set to
    apilocation = "http://lostsoundtapes.com/cashmusic/api"

Admin path is set to
    define('ADMIN_WWW_BASE_PATH', '/cashmusic/admin');

I'd want the base path to be /admin since my sub-domain is already pointing at the cashmusic folder.

Also the api location should probably be cashmusic.lostsoundtapes.com/api

I tried changing those 2 paths but I still got the same error so I reverted them back to how they were set.

--

If it were easier to just re-install Cash Music at my sub-domain and migrating the sqlite database I would be open to do that. I just want to make sure that I don't lose any of my album assets and associated download codes since there are thousands of them floating around.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 30 Jun, 2015 06:44 PM

Sure. But when you set up the sub-domain it changed the public URL from /cashmusic/admin to just /admin — you won't be able to do both at the same time. take a look in the .htaccess files that live in that /cashmusic folder and you'll see them redirecting you and expecting the public structure to remain the same. You can change them to get things working, but it'll likely break your live setup.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 30 Jun, 2015 06:46 PM

Yeah I think you need to change those as well as the paths referenced in .htaccess, but honestly you're on a two year old version and setup's pretty different. I'll need to poke around for more answers.

6. 6 Posted by lostsoundtapes on 30 Jun, 2015 06:53 PM

Ah! I missed the htaccess rewrite path, that and the paths I mentioned looks like it's all working at the sub-domain now. cashmusic.lostsoundtapes.com

If I were to update the platform, now would be the time I suppose. Where would I look to go about doing that?

Is the self hosted version going to be deprecated? It seems like the self installer is still from 2012 and you all have been putting a lot of time and effort into the hosted version. I'd migrate to the hosted version but like I said, I don't want to nuke any of the thousands of codes I have out in the wild.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 30 Jun, 2015 08:12 PM

So the self hosted isn't being depreciated...we've been putting a lot more attention on the hosted version but plan on revisiting the self-hosted in a big way and we'll help migrate where we can then support incremental updates going forward.

One thing that's not in there now but could be interesting: working on a download code translation layer. Part of that is to let people midgrate codes from other systems, but also for people looking to move from old versions to the hosted version. That one should be coming pretty soon, actually.

j

8. 8 Posted by lostsoundtapes on 30 Jun, 2015 09:15 PM

Great, I'll keep an eye out for that.

Thanks for your help :)

9. lostsoundtapes closed this discussion on 30 Jun, 2015 09:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac