using Simple mode-public beta to create a download for email signup

Jim

02 Nov, 2014 06:10 AM

I am a newbie and cannot seem to find out how to use your simple mode to create the download for email signup feature. I cannot find anything that looks like the posted Vimeo video on MailChimp. I believe I have added the MailChimp and Google Drive assets correctly under the settings menu, but that is as far as I have been able to go. Can you please help me get started? Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tracy on 04 Nov, 2014 06:47 PM

Hi Jim,

we actually came out of beta quite recently and our platform has a whole new look. We don't have Simple Mode anymore; instead, the entire platform is geared towards being easy-to-use for beginners.

The video doesn't apply, and I don't have a new one handy yet (but thank you for reminding me to get one ready!), but I can definitely help you get started.

1. When you login and get to your main page, click People from the right and then Lists from the menu that'll open up underneath it. Create a new list, give it a name and description (this is private and just for you), and then from the drop-down menu, connect it to your MailChimp connection.

2. Go back to your main admin page (you can get there by clicking the ( C x M ) graphic logo in the upper right-hand corner) and scroll down until you see the Add a campaign button. Give it a name and a description--this is private and just for you, by the way.

3. Once your campaign's been created it, click it to begin editing it. When you get to the next screen, click Add an element.

4. On the left, you'll see Email Collection. Select your mailing list (the one you created a couple steps earlier under People) and the asset you want to be made available when someone signs up for your mailing list.

5. From there, you can edit the look of the campaign (it's basic html) by clicking Edit campaign page under Publish settings or you can just leave it alone if you want to stick to the default look we provide.

6. Your last step is to once again go back to the main admin page and then to scroll down to the bottom. You'll see a Publish a campaign button—click it, and you'll be able to select the campaign you just created. At this point, it'll go live on your http://yourusername.cashmusic.org page!

Let me know if that sets you up or if you need any other help!

Very best,
    Tracy

2. 2 Posted by until ben on 26 Nov, 2014 08:07 AM

Hi there,
    I followed this instruction, but my http://untilben.cashmusic.org page remain blank (on chrome and firefox).
    Please help.

3. 3 Posted by Jim Frisque on 30 Nov, 2014 06:26 PM

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for responding in detail to my last email! I finally was able to
    get back to try and set this up. I got a bit further this time but am still
    having some issues.

1) I have set up a campaign but seem to be having trouble with the assets
    category.Do I link the CD track to this category? I have tried to create an
    asset for both the CD art work and information as well as one for the
    track, but can't seem to get this right?

2) Once this campaign is finished and published, I should be able to see it
    on the link provided, right? I did click on this link but nothing shows up
    so maybe it is just because I haven't got all the pieces set up correctly?

3) How does the published campaign then show up and connect with Mail Chimp?

Feel free to look at my account and see what I have tried. Thanks for
    holding my hand on this and getting me through the process the first time!

Jim

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tracy on 02 Dec, 2014 03:17 AM

Hi Jim,

sorry for the belated reply - I am just pulling out of the post-Thanksgiving madness.

Could you link me to your CASH page so I can see how things look right now?

Best,
    Tracy

5. 5 Posted by Jim Frisque on 02 Dec, 2014 04:32 AM

Hi Tracy,

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving. Is this the link you need?

https://cashmusic.org/admin/campaigns/view/540

Jim

6. 6 Posted by jeromehughes on 09 Dec, 2014 04:39 PM

I'm having the same issues and was waiting on tenterhooks to find out what happened with Jim. Were you able to resolve this? Is this on your end, or is it something I'm doing?

7. 7 Posted by Jim Frisque on 09 Dec, 2014 11:43 PM

Hi Jerome,
    I'm still waiting to hear back from Tracy.
    Jim

8. 8 Posted by contact on 12 Dec, 2014 05:20 PM

Hi Tracy,

I am trying to get this email for download campaign set up today. I haven't heard back from you in a while. Could you please give me a hand with this campaign today, so I can get it on our website in time for our CD release early next week? I followed the steps you gave me and published it, but nothing shows up on the live link the software gives me. The campaign is supposed to be live at : contactrestoredbandcom.cashmusic.org  I get nothing but a black page with c/m in the lower left hand corner. 

Once the link is working, does the campaign automatically connect to my Mail Chimp form on my web page or do I need to insert the HTML code directly into the page?

Thanks again for your help!

Jim

-------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Re: using Simple mode-public beta to create a download for
    email signup [Questions #2869]
    <[email blocked]>
    Date: Mon, December 01, 2014 8:17 pm
    To: [email blocked]

#wmQuoteWrapper pre { width: 92%; margin: 10px 2%; padding: 5px 2%; background: #efefef; border: 1px solid #d6d6d6 } #wmQuoteWrapper blockquote { margin-left: 0; padding-left: 1em; border-left: 5px solid #ccc; }
    // Please reply above this line
    ==================================================
    Hi Jim,
    sorry for the belated reply - I am just pulling out of the post-Thanksgiving madness.
    Could you link me to your CASH page so I can see how things look right now?
    Best,
    Tracy
    On Sun, Nov 30 at 06:26 PM, Jim Frisque wrote:
    Hello Tracy,
    Thank you for responding in detail to my last email! I finally was able to
    get back to try and set this up. I got a bit further this time but am still
    having some issues.
    1) I have set up a campaign but seem to be having trouble with the assets
    category.Do I link the CD track to this category? I have tried to create an
    2) Once this campaign is finished and published, I should be able to see it
    on the link provided, right? I did click on this link but nothing shows up
    Feel free to look at my account and see what I have tried. Thanks for
    holding my hand on this and getting me through the process the first time!
    Jim
    Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: using Simple mode-public beta to create a download for email signup.
    Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.
  9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Tracy on 12 Dec, 2014 05:47 PM

Hi Jim, and hi Jerome.

I'll start with Jim and Jerome, if this doesn't help, by all means jump in and tell me where you run into a wall.

1) I have set up a campaign but seem to be having trouble with the assets category.Do I link the CD track to this category? I have tried to create an

"Assets" is where you bundle things together and organise your files, so it's good that you created a separate asset for the record and a separate asset for the track. This will allow you to sell/offer for download either the full record or the track. If you want to sell/offer a free download, you'll need to go to Commerce next and create commerce items (for each). And then, if you want to publish them, you'll need to use the elements under Campaigns. I know you're interested in offering a download in exchange for an email address, so we'll focus on this last part.

2) Once this campaign is finished and published, I should be able to see it on the link provided, right? I did click on this link but nothing shows up

Yes, you should be able to see it. I'm attaching screen caps that show me:
    1 - Adding the Email Collection element to a new campaign
    2 - Publishing a page and selecting this new campaign
    3 - Continuing the customise my soon-to-be-published page
    4 - The final product

If you are seeing the same thing in your admin panel as I am in my screen caps, and you are selecting the assets/campaigns you want from the dropdown menus, you should be ok. Let me know?

It's connected to MailChimp via the Connections section. You'd mentioned in your first message that you'd connected them? To check, click the cog icon from the upper-right-hand corner to view your Settings and then view your connections on the left. When you scroll down, you'll see which services you've connected to. I've included a screencap to show you what my panel looks like. If you don't see MailChimp, you can just click the MailChimp logo and connect your account very easily.

I hope this helps. Please keep in touch.

Tracy

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Tracy on 12 Dec, 2014 05:59 PM

The help application seems really insistent on deleting my screencaps, so let me try again. In the above message, I've left the screencap showing Connections.

Here are the screencaps that show the steps I described in response to your second question:

11. 11 Posted by Jim Frisque on 12 Dec, 2014 06:41 PM

Hi Tracy,

My screens look similar to what you sent. Under "Publish a Campaign",
    however, I do not have the option of "Now a featured element to start with"
    and I never get to your final "sign me up" screenshot. I did add a second
    asset for the sale of the entire CD when it comes out next week and a price
    for the download, but I just didn't link it yet to the campaign. Will this
    need its own "campaign" when the time comes to sell it?

I just cannot see the published campaign...

Jim

12. 12 Posted by Jim Frisque on 12 Dec, 2014 07:22 PM

Are you able to get into my account to take a look?

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 12:41 PM, Jim Frisque <[email blocked]> wrote:

13. 13 Posted by Jim Frisque on 12 Dec, 2014 09:22 PM

14. 14 Posted by jeromehughes on 13 Dec, 2014 12:26 AM

Hi Tracy,
    My issue seems a bit different than Jim's. Everything seems all set up, but the download doesn't come. I have one element in this campaign and it includes the downloadable asset, and the connection to S3. Do I need to add another element, a commerce element, the item with price set to $0, to force the download?

Thanks so much for your help, it's really critical.
    Jerry

15. 15 Posted by Jim Frisque on 13 Dec, 2014 01:12 AM

Hi Jerome,

Did you hear back from Tracy? I don't know if you saw the attachments but
    they appear to me to be set up. I can't figure out what I would be missing
    to see the finished campaign. I have the $0, asset elements and commerce
    element.

This shouldn't be this hard, should it?
    JIm

16. Support Staff 16 Posted by Tracy on 15 Dec, 2014 04:40 PM

Hi Jim, and hi Jerome.

I don't work on the weekend, which is why I'm only getting to this now.

First, to clarify, I cannot go into your individual accounts to poke around and have a look. But thank you for the screen caps—yes, they help enormously!

Secondly, Jerome, for the sake of clarity, I will deal with you separately and just focus on Jim here. I saw your thread, and I just read your two separate emails, so I will get to you shortly and privately.

Jim: It looks like you just need to grab the id # for the element you want, which you can find on the element page in the embed code. It looks a little something like this: {{{element_1234}}} (but 1234 will be a different number in your case).

I'm attaching two screencaps for you - the first is where to find your element id #, and the second is where you need to write it down. The first page can be found by going to Main page > Your campaigns (select the appropriate one) > Campaign elements (select the appropriate one) and then it'll be immediately visible. The second one can be found at Main page > Your campaigns (select the appropriate one) > Publish settings/Edit campaign page

That should do the trick, but please keep me posted!

Best,
    Tracy

17. 17 Posted by Jim Frisque on 17 Dec, 2014 03:04 AM

Hi Tracy,

Here is the latest screenshot. I'm still not seeing any change. I wonder if
    my attachments are correct? They are of the song and the CD cover art. Do
    the paths look right to you?

Jim

18. 18 Posted by contact on 27 Dec, 2014 11:03 PM

Hi Tracy,

I followed your steps listed below and copied the information within the circled area: ,'5637');
    Is this the exact information (element id) you wanted pasted and replacing what was in the Publish Settings? The link to the campaign still shows a blank page: Your public page is live at contactrestoredbandcom.cashmusic.org

Sorry to be such a problem!!

Jim
    --------- Original Message --------- Subject: Re: using Simple mode-public beta to create a download for email signup [Questions #2869]

19. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 04:16 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac