4 questions

jimb

17 Sep, 2014 04:09 AM

Hello, I'm thinking about using CASH for my band's website, and have a few questions first...

1 - To use the E-mail For Download MailChimp-CASH integration, do you need an account with the hosted version? Or is it also possible to do this with the self-hosted platform?

2 - With the hosted version, is it possible to only use the E-mail-for-download MailChimp feature (i.e. and use something like Drupal for the rest of the website)?

3 - Once you have a CASH platform instance installed (ex - on Dreamhost), how difficult is it to upgrade the platform in the future if you want the latest version (or perhaps a new feature is introduced that you need)?

4 - Are there any differences in functionality between the self-hosted CASH platform and the public hosted version? Obviously self-hosted is more work to install and configure, but once that is finished I'm wondering what the differences might be.

Thanks for your info!
Jim

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 27 Sep, 2014 11:24 PM

Hi Jim,

Sorry I'm slow getting back. Just launched a whole new version on new infrastructure and email took a beating in all the move-around.

So pretty much everything is available to both the hosted and self-hosted versions. They're the same code with different options. Ditto MailChimp — in the hosted version we use their OAuth stuff and in the self-hosted you just need to provide your own key/secret.

Right now our install/update process for self hosted is a little borked. We're turning attention to it soon you need to be comfortable forking a git repo and installing a database from scripts. But we'll ultimately provide upgrade scripts for migration to new versions.

And in terms of differences — not a whole lot really. The longterm goal is for them to mirror each other as closely as possible. Some stuff we need to know out host environment for, but the challenges are purely technical. There's no "our business model is X so we're not providing that to you." Everything in the stack is open and included in the repo.

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom / (401) 864-2118

2. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 04:53 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac