Some problems/questions

The Black Feathers

28 May, 2012 08:11 PM

Hey.
Loving the platform. Looks really promising.

A couple of things though.
Firstly, password reset is a real problem. No confirmation email means no copy of password once the initial installation page is gone, and if you get timed out, or even forget the password when you go to change, it's broken.
Emailing a copy when installation is complete would seem sensible, or allowing custom password when installation completes?

Secondly, venue editing is completely broken. No delete. No edit.
Emptied the database using a SQL editor, so it's not a major problem for me now, and I'm sure you're aware of it. ;-)

Thirdly, what are the chances of getting some custom text for modules created, eg, being able to change the date format for the upcoming gigs, custom CSS for elements, etc.?

Really good work so far though.
I'd be up for helping write some modules if you need any help!

Cheers

Ray

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 28 May, 2012 11:00 PM

Hi Ray,

Agreed on all points. Development has been primarily a one-person effort to date so there's a lot that has been left "to do" in the platform to date. It's unfortunate, but the next release (code freeze this week) fixes a lot of it. Venue editing/deleting is fixed in master, and there's a ticket for reset-by-email for this release as well. I like the idea of sending an email confirmation when things complete. Reworking the install/upgrade stuff now so I'll add that to the list...thanks!

Custom CSS is already supported just not well documented — every single bit of an element has a CSS class associated with it. We're pulling together our standard CSS sheet for this release, documenting it, and making it a lot easier to use as a baseline.

Oh and in terms of custom text for things like dates — absolutely! Last week we finished up mustache support throughout the platform, which gives us a reall robust solution for things like date formats, markup in the social feeds, etc.

If you want to keep tabs on build progress or lend a hand we also just set up a proper mailing list / group for that here:

https://groups.google.com/d/forum/cash-build

Thanks for the feedback!

Jesse von Doom
    CASH Music

@jessevondoom

2. 2 Posted by The Black Feath... on 29 May, 2012 12:34 AM

Sounds great. Looking forward to the release. :-)

Is asset downloading broken in current release too? Or have I b0rked something?
    Subscribe to newsletter, get a link to the asset, but I can't download the asset?

And are there plans for a module to send newsletters and emails to subscribers in the pipeline too?

Loving the work so far. :-)

Cheers

Ray

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 29 May, 2012 01:23 AM

Shouldn't be. We're using it live on a lot of sites and it's working fine even with big traffic. Are you using an S3 connection or just a straight download?

Yeah we'd like to do full email campaigns too, but they're a lower priority. We wouldn't want anyone getting banned so we'd only do that with a connection to someone like MailChimp (they're awesome) but our main focus was on connecting and syncing the lists — with MC providing such awesome mailer tools it's kind of a less-important feature to things like enhancing the commerce stuff or adding more touring support...

j

Jesse von Doom
    CASH Music

@jessevondoom / (401) 864-2118

cashmusic.org / @cashmusic

4. 4 Posted by The Black Feath... on 29 May, 2012 08:34 AM

Just a straight connection.
    I'll setup a test subdomain to show you what happens.

Incidentally, what are the chances of having the option of doing form submissions using AJAX? Just thinking it would be better to do it that way if there's a music player or something on the site, so music wouldn't stop when you submit the form. ;-)

R

5. 5 Posted by The Black Feath... on 29 May, 2012 09:27 AM

Test subdomain set up.

http://testcash.theblackfeathers.com/news

Signup on that page. Asset unlocks, link is displayed.
    Click the link, page refreshes with request info, but no download. :-(

The gigs and blog pages are also cash powered at the moment. ;-)

R

6. Tracy closed this discussion on 03 Jul, 2014 04:07 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac