Amazon S3 errors for download codes

lostsoundtapes

06 Mar, 2013 03:08 AM

Hey guys! So I'm using the download codes element and when I try to download a file I uploaded I get a SignatureDoesNotMatch error.

My files were uploaded using Amazon S3. There seems to be some issue with the Cash Music software connecting with Amazon.

What I did is create an album, try to add a zip file by selecting my Amazon S3 storage connection from the dropdown and then uploaded the zip file through the Cash Music software. That file never ended up in my S3 account though.

Then I tried uploading the file directly to my S3 bucket and adding the file by selecting the S3 storage connection from the dropdown and then pasting the link to the file into the location field.

When I put in the code into the download codes element I can see the file but when I click to download it I get the SignatureDoesNotMatch error. If you'd like I can attach the full xml error code.

One more thing, I tested the key and secret using the Amazon S3 Firefox Organizer (S3Fox) and was able to access the single file I uploaded directly to my bucket through Amazon's website.

Thanks for your help and for making great software! I'm really excited about the possibility of using Cash Music to replace my current half-baked download code system I have on my server.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 06 Mar, 2013 03:54 AM

Hi Jon,

Are you using the downloaded version or the hosted version?

That SignatureDoesNotMatch error generally happens when there's a typo in a key/secret, but if they're correct check that you've set the bucket correctly (case sensitive, bucket should exist first) — in a few rare cases we've seen it happen with some characters. Don't have a log of which, but maybe try with a simple "test.txt" file and if need-be rename the zip file.

(If that does it I'd love to know the original filename...)

j

2. 2 Posted by lostsoundtapes on 06 Mar, 2013 04:43 AM

Hi Jesse, I'm using the downloaded version.

I believe I have the bucket set correctly but I'll try to create a new one.

The file name I'm using is RoseMelberg-September.zip

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 06 Mar, 2013 04:53 AM

maybe try using rosemelberg_september.zip for a test and see if that uploads correctly?

4. 4 Posted by Jon Manning on 08 Jun, 2013 03:35 AM

I am Lost Sound Tapes and for some reason my account stopped being able to post.

My issue was resolved when I changed the name of my S3 bucket. The original name for it that I used was cashmusic but when I changed it to something more unique it started working.

5. Jesse von Doom closed this discussion on 01 Jul, 2014 06:42 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac