No option for Stripe during checkout

buddhagraphmusic

29 Jun, 2016 05:53 AM

Have successfully been using Paypal for purchases. Have set up and selected my stripe account for payment on the 'Commerce' page (cash music shows up as linked in stripe account).
But there is no option for paying via Stripe? When you view cart, I am only seeing a button for "begin checkout" which takes me straight to Paypal. If this sounds like its a stripe issue, let me know b/c I'm not familiar with stripe but can try to learn. My main goal here is to allow purchases using bitcoin, which stripe can handle.
Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Christopher Lec... on 29 Jun, 2016 06:01 PM

Hey!

It sounds like you may need to add your default stripe account to your commerce settings. Check out the video below on setting up a store. I've linked it to the part about setting up default payment settings in the commerce settings panel.

https://youtu.be/RGE-2Og_pxM?t=3m8s

Hope that helps! Let us know if you're still having trouble

Thanks
    Chris

2. 2 Posted by buddhagraphmusi... on 29 Jun, 2016 09:36 PM

Chris,

Thanks for helping me out. Side note- Cash Music is awesome and you are too! Everything is laid out really well and very easy to understand.

I have already added the default stripe account to my commerce settings. Paypal and stripe are both on there. Paypal has been working great for both the fans and our own beta testing. But I haven't been seeing the little dialogue that pops up to choose paypal or stripe- it just goes straight to the paypal page (both chrome and firefox).

Thank you!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Christopher Lec... on 05 Jul, 2016 07:13 PM

Thanks so much for the support! We really appreciate it. Thinking on this for a minute it could be that you don't have an SSL certificate set up on your server. Stripe payments require a secure connection to be processed. There is more info over here https://letsencrypt.org/

Hope that helps!

Thanks
    Chris

4. 4 Posted by buddhagraphmusi... on 15 Jul, 2016 07:14 PM

Chris,
    You are correct! I did some digging and it turns out Squarespace does not allow SSL, except for on their own commerce pages, where adding code is not allowed. What a bummer. Time to learn how to code our own website. In the meantime we are going to transfer our whole store away from squarespace to a cashmusic site- how useful! I can't say enough how thankful I am for this service!

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tom Filepp on 18 Jul, 2016 08:06 PM

Yeah, it's a bummer that Squarespace doesn't offer SSL. Glad to hear it's an easy fix, though!

6. Tom Filepp closed this discussion on 18 Jul, 2016 08:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac