"Add/edit cover" page non functional

Braden

03 Jun, 2016 05:32 PM

Hello,

I am trying to add album art to an asset. When I click on the "add/edit cover" link it brings up the add an image page. I can select my storage connection, and get an "upload a file" button. Clicking on the button does nothing.

I have the album art uploaded in Google Drive, but I'd also be happy to upload directly to Cash musc if that's an option--really just want a way to get my album art to display on this asset.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 04 Jun, 2016 01:39 AM

Hi Braden,

Yeah we're having a problem with Google Drive at the moment and working on
    a fix. I'd suggest trying out Amazon S3 — signup isn't so hard and it's far
    better under heavy load.

Will update about Google Drive.

J

2. 2 Posted by jeffreyfuccillo on 18 Mar, 2017 01:33 AM

I had the same problem with Google Drive, so switched over to Amazon S3 as suggested. Much better way to go. Had initial luck uploading art to assets as follows:
    >> Add/edit cover (attachment)
    >>Upload a file (using Amazon S3 storage connection) (attachment)

But now the same problem is happening...clicking Upload a file doesn't open a dialogue box).

Tried / Checked the following:
    >Updating Flash (didn't think it had anything to do with it, but still tried)
    >Browser Restarts
    >Tried in all Browsers for mac osx: Firefox, Chrome, Safari
    >Checked my Amazon S3 account, seems to be OK. (attachment)

Any ideas? Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by jeffreyfuccillo on 18 Mar, 2017 01:39 AM

Had an idea: make a new Amazon S3 connection from Account Settings/Connections in Cash Music.
    Made new Access Key ID (w/Secret), made the new connection, now it works!

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Tom Filepp on 18 Mar, 2017 01:58 AM

Hey Jeffery, weird--- when did you make the original S3 connection? Was that today or some time ago?

Best,
    Tom

5. 5 Posted by jeffreyfuccillo on 18 Mar, 2017 03:00 AM

Hi Tom,

I made the original S3 connection about a month or 45 days ago.
    It worked initially. Hadn't made any changes via Cash Music admin panel since around that same time.

The new connection seems to be OK. So I'm all good!

6. 6 Posted by Rob on 19 Mar, 2017 05:25 AM

I'm having this same issue at the moment. Attempt to upload items using my Amazon S3 account and no dialog to upload shows. Before I move forward with making a new S3 connection I need to know what happens to the items added through the previous connection. Are the downloads still accessible? Or will I need to re-upload everything through the new connection? Might be a novice question here, but, well, yeah... help! xoxo

7. 7 Posted by jeffreyfuccillo on 20 Mar, 2017 11:38 AM

Rob - none of the previous connections (note: album art for assets is what I've checked with) I made disengaged after making a new connection.

For example:
    http://unionpole.com/get.html

I've always put my downloads for the assets on my own server, so i can't confirm 100%... but if logic works out this time around, it seems that your previous Amazon S3 stuff should be OK post-new connection.

-Jeff

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Tom Filepp on 20 Mar, 2017 04:43 PM

Hi folks---

You can actually add a new connection and use it and this won't affect anything on the old connection, so long as you don't delete it. We recently did some upgrades to the Amazon S3 integrations which may be what's causing these initial problems you're having. It seems like your old connections may have gotten stuck while upgrading. We're looking into it and will let you know ASAP.

In the meantime, no reason to not just make a new connection if it's slowing you down.

Thanks for the heads up!

Best,
    Tom

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Tom Filepp on 21 Mar, 2017 09:35 PM

So it looks like the ticket here is really just to create a new S3 connection if your previous one was created before March 1st. The old assets and downloads will continue to work.

Amazon is being a little finicky with some of the upgrades to old connections, so this appears to be the best solution moving forward. Putting this here for posterity. Thanks for pointing out the issues you were running against and let us know if you have any questions!

Best,
    Tom

10. Tom Filepp closed this discussion on 21 Mar, 2017 09:35 PM.

11. Tom Filepp re-opened this discussion on 21 Mar, 2017 11:09 PM

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Tom Filepp on 21 Mar, 2017 11:09 PM

I actually want to make an addendum to this that we just confirmed, for all of y'all that want to just keep using the old bucket:

If you log in to your AWS console (https://aws.amazon.com), go to S3 and go to the bucket you're having an issue uploading to. If you hit the Permissions tab, then the CORS configuration tab, delete the existing text in the editor and replace it with the following XML. Hit save and then you should be able to upload again on that bucket!

<CORSConfiguration xmlns="http://s3.amazonaws.com/doc/2006-03-01/">
    <CORSRule>
        <AllowedOrigin>*</AllowedOrigin>
        <AllowedMethod>PUT</AllowedMethod>
        <AllowedMethod>POST</AllowedMethod>
        <AllowedMethod>DELETE</AllowedMethod>
        <AllowedMethod>GET</AllowedMethod>
        <AllowedMethod>HEAD</AllowedMethod>
        <MaxAgeSeconds>3000</MaxAgeSeconds>
        <AllowedHeader>*</AllowedHeader>
    </CORSRule>
    </CORSConfiguration>

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• cash_music1.jpg 143 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac