Store embed (shopping cart only) on non-CASH site not working on Chrome.

sarahewilkes

06 May, 2016 06:14 PM

I was testing a store embed with Amazon S3 and Paypal the last few days. These were just test embeds on pages on websites that are in progress or are tests themselves. I wasn't actually going thru with the orders, I was just testing putting items into the shopping cart and then sending the order over to Paypal for payment. I tried on three different browsers using three different websites - a Wordpress-powered one and an HTML5 Broilerplate-powered one on my domain, and on a different Wordpress-powered one on a different domain owned by someone else (they have a different hosting company than me). I had problems with all three websites with all three browsers, but all three of the issues were slightly different. I've described them below. I also tried all three browsers with the same store embed on my cashmusic.org account home page, but all three worked AWESOME with it.

This morning I remembered bikinikill.com had an embedded store, and that I hadn't tried to see if it had the same issues as me, so I decided to try it around 11am central time today. I hadn't tried it before. It worked great with Firefox. I tried my other sites again and they worked great with Firefox as well for the first time, so Firefox seems to be fine now. Previously items would go into the shopping cart just fine, but 66% of the time when I went to purchase, the browser would just spin and spin and never send me to the Paypal page.

I next tried Chrome with the bikinikill.com website. It had the exact same issue as my websites. When you click the button to send an item to the shopping cart, nothing seems to happen. In fact when you try to even click the link to the shopping cart, it does nothing. As far as I know it is still having this problem.

I next tried Safari with the bikinikill.com website with both my Macbook laptop and with my iPhone. At first it had the exact same issue as my websites on both my laptop and iPhone. Adding an item to the shopping cart would appear to work. And I could click the link to open the shopping cart. But the shopping cart would always be empty - showing the appropriate empty message. Less than an hour later it worked fine on both of my devices with bikinikill.com, so I tried my own test website pages and it was working great there as well for the first time since I'd first tried three days ago. Hooray!

So that leaves just Chrome. I have included a screenshot of the Chrome developer tool Console error. It's the same error I get with my websites, I'd just rather post bikinikill's error message since my websites are in progress and the CASH store embeds there were just tests.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 06 May, 2016 07:36 PM

Under Chrome's Settings > Privacy > Content settings, do you have the
    cookie setting set to to "Block sites from setting any data"?

j

2. 2 Posted by sarahewilkes on 06 May, 2016 08:00 PM

Genius! I had that option off, but did have on the "Block third party..." option right below it. Turning it off made Chrome work like a beauty with Bikini Kill's shopping cart and connection to PayPal.

I assume some others might have this problem in the future, but you can mark this resolved for me.

3. sarahewilkes closed this discussion on 06 May, 2016 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac