Setting up new account with username that already exists incorrectly gives you a "success" message.

sarahewilkes

03 May, 2016 09:27 PM

It appears the two functions: signing up for new account function, and changing the username of an existing account, aren't triggering an error trap/error message if you try to choose a new username that already exists.

More specifics:
I tried to set up a new account using a username that I didn't know was already in use. I got a success message on screen, plus got an email in my inbox. When I logged into the CASH admin for my account with my email address and password, the account "username" field was blank. I could upload assets, make campaigns, etc, but there was no page to view them on. I figured this out when I tried to follow any links to where the public webpage URL of my cashmusic account should be. In the admin my URL was just listed as ".cashmusic.org". And the links on these usually just refreshed whatever admin page I was on. Similarly I tried to change an existing account's username to the new username I wanted. I once again got a success message on screen, but the username change didn't actually happen. It didn't change to ".cashmusic.org" thankfully, it just stayed what it had been before. I eventually found a new username that did successfully work. At that point all the assets and campaigns I'd made finally could be seen on my new [username].cashmusic.org webpage. So thankfully no problem with wasting the work I'd done on assets.

I'm using a Macbook and Firefox.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac