Can't get Mailchimp integration to work

bodhi

18 Jun, 2015 03:46 PM

I'm new here so please forgive me if I'm missing something. I've created a campaign, connected to an MP3 file in Google Drive and to a Mailchimp list. Under "element settings" for the MP3 asset, there's a Mailchimp list selected as the "Target Mailing List." "Skip email verification" is unchecked, since I don't want people to submit other people's email addresses.

When I've tested the Cashmusic form that's embedded in my site, the success message and the download link appear. The email address used for submission is showing in Cashmusic, along with an upward pointing arrow, which I take take to mean that Cashmusic thinks the email address has been synched to Mailchimp. But the email addresses are not being saved to Mailchimp.

What am I missing?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tracy on 18 Jun, 2015 04:00 PM

Hi Bodhi, and thanks for reaching out.

You mentioned you've connected your MailChimp account. I just want to double-check: besides connecting your account under Settings > Connections, did you also connect it at the element level? (See screencap #1)

If yes, can you please let me know if you're seeing the addresses under People > Lists? Are the emails missing just from your MailChimp account, or from both MailChimp and CASH? (See screencap #2)

Lastly, if the answer is yes to the above two, are you sure you have connected to the right list? When you connect your CASH and MailChimp accounts, you can connect to any lists you have within MailChimp, and I just want to make sure you have it set up properly. In my demo's case, I have list #1 and list #2 in MC, but I've selected to connect to #1 from CASH Music. (See screencaps #3 and #4)

You've been so great about filling me in with details and I'm sorry if I'm retracing steps you've already taken! I just want to eliminate the obvious before digging deeper. Please let me know!

Tracy

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac