New Account Help

Adrian Varnam

02 Oct, 2014 03:37 PM

Hi. I signed up for an account yesterday and after HOURS of trying to make this site work, I have nothing but frustration. The artist page has nothing on it still after I've uploaded and published my files.

http://adrianvarnam.cashmusic.org/

I've seemingly followed all the steps, linked files, assets, elements, mailchimp, everything, and still have nothing to show the public. Please help, and if there's something that I'm clearly missing, please advise. Thanks so much.

Adrian

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 02 Oct, 2014 08:17 PM

Hi Adrian,

Sorry for the frustration. We know the first-time user experience needs a lot of work and that's one of our top priorities right now.

So the basic steps to getting a page published are:

1. Adding your stuff
    2. Creating a campaign
    3. Adding element(s) to the campaign
    4. Publishing a campaign

The campaign publish stuff is pretty weak right now. If you don't do the first-time setup on the main page you get a little lost (as you found out.) The trick is to go into your campaign, click on the element you want to feature, and look at the embed code. As-is that code can let you embed your stuff anywhere, but to publish it on the page just look for the ID number in there.

Grab it and head back to the campaign page. Click "edit publish settings" and you'll see some HTML markup. After the <body> tag paste in:

{{{element_xxxx}}}

Where "xxxx" is the element id. (So {{{element_297}}} or whatever.)

That'll get the element published, and on that page you can add more copy, markup, whatever.

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom

2. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 06:15 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac