confusing website

Sally

25 Jun, 2014 08:50 PM

Hello Cash Music,

I was excited to discover Cash as I'm just releasing my album and hope to gather some emails for my Mail chimp newsletter for the single I'll be putting out (tomorrow!) However, I'm having problems with cash- I get the error: Element #2135 could not be found. when I try the download for email element. http://x.cashmusic.org/blackswift
Also all your tutorials look different than what mine looks like and has different options-- for instance in a tutorial it showed linking to google docs, but that's no where to be found on mine.
would love some help on this. Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Tracy on 27 Jun, 2014 06:29 PM

Hi Sally! Let's see if I can help you out.

Could you give me a bit of background information first? For starters, are you in simple mode or advanced mode?

Secondly, did you have this problem all along, or did it work for awhile before beginning to give you trouble?

2. 2 Posted by Black Swift on 01 Jul, 2014 10:07 AM

Hi Tracy,

thanks for your email.
    I'm not 100% sure if I'm in simple mode or advanced mode- but I'm pretty
    sure it's in simple mode.

So far what I was able to do was set up a newsletter subscribe page, but I
    tried to change it because I wanted to put a free download in exchange for
    mail chimp newsletter sign up, but it didn't work. I tried to delete what I
    had done and try to start from the beginning, but it still didn't work.

thanks, Sally

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Tracy on 03 Jul, 2014 03:22 AM

Hi again Sally!

Ok, let me try to take you through the process step-by-step. This should do the trick, but if not, would you please let me know at which point things give you trouble?

If your admin panel looks like the attached screencap, then you're in Simple Mode. If that's the case, please click "Switch to advanced mode".

OK - so now we're in Advanced mode! Here's what I'd like you to check:

1) Check to make sure you have your MailChimp account successfully connected. You can do this by navigating to System Settings (accessible by hovering over your email address in the upper right-hand corner) and then to Connections. If you're logged in, you can jump there with this link: https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/settings/connections/

If you see it listed on the right, you're good to go.

2) Unless you're linking to a file already hosted elsewhere, within Connections, make sure you either have your Google Drive or Amazon S3 account listed. If you see it, again, you're good to go.

3) Navigate to Assets (https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/assets/) . Do you see your asset (your song!) listed yet? If not, create an asset and upload your file (if you have connected your Drive or S3 account) or link to it externally if it's hosted elsewhere.

4) Navigate to People and then Lists (https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/people/lists/). Do you have a list created yet? If not, create one and have it Connect to your MailChimp account. If you saw it listed at Step 1, you should see it in the drop-down menu.

5) Add a New Element (https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/elements/add/). Select Email Collection, and under Target Mailing List, select the list you created in the previous step, and under The Downloadable Asset, select the asset you created with step 3. When you're done, click "Add the element".

6) You're almost done! You'll see a white box with embed codes. Copy the local code and then navigate to Page/embed templates (https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/elements/templates/). You should see your page listed under Page Templates, but you can also create a new one. You just need to drop the code you copied earlier between the <div id="mainspc"> </div> tags.

7) Last step! Check your page (x.cashmusic.org/blackswift). Do you see the page you just created? If yes, you're done! If not, navigate back to the Main page https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/ and scroll down. Click Publish a different page and select the page you just created from the drop-down menu. Publish it and you're good to go.

This should get your element working! Please let me know if you have any more trouble.

Very best,
    Tracy

4. 4 Posted by Black Swift on 03 Jul, 2014 07:17 AM

Hello Tracy,

Thanks so much for you help. I was doing everything correctly, just was
    missing that last step of "Publish a different page." It works now! Thank
    you!
    Now my next question is: how can I change the color & font of the page when
    I don't know HTML. When I first joined Cash, I thought I remembered being
    able to choose the background, font and color, but now I can only find
    editing pages with html.

Thanks for your help- we're almost there!

Sally

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Tracy on 03 Jul, 2014 07:26 PM

Hiya Sally,

unfortunately, right now we have a problem reverting to Simple Mode. It's a bug and it's been logged, but in the meantime, you'll have to do things manually. I can try to help you out, though!

It looks like you have no styling at all applied! Do me a favour and log back in. Scroll down to the bottom of that main page and click Edit the current page. Do you have Page template or Embed template selected? And would you copy paste your code for me? You'll need to put it in between these signs to make it visible: (the key next to the 1 on your keyboard)

It'll look something like this:

`<!DOCTYPE html>
    CASH Music

/* BASIC PAGE RESETS */ html, body {margin:0;padding:0;} body {font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif;font-size:12px;line-height:1.65em;background:transparent;color:#231F20;} a {color:#222;font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none;} a:hover {color:#179de6;} h2 {font-size:3.5em;line-height:1.125em;font-weight:bold;} h3 {font-size:2.5em;line-height:1.125em;font-weight:bold;}

/* LAYOUT/ID-SPECIFIC STYLES */
    #mainspc {margin:0 auto;padding:0;max-width:800px;}
    .clearall,.cashmusic_clearall {height:1px;overflow:hidden;visibility:hidden;clear:both;}

/* CASH-SPECIFIC STYLES */
    .cash_notation {font-size:10px;color:#777;margin-top:8px;}
    .cash_error {font-weight:bold;background-color:#ff0;margin-bottom:15px;}
    .cash_digitalpurchase_itemname {display:block;font-size:3.5em;line-height:1.125em;font-weight:bold;}
    .cash_digitalpurchase_itemprice {display:block;font-size:1.5em;line-height:1.125em;}
    .cash_digitalpurchase_itemdescription {display:block;margin-bottom:1.5em;}
    .cashmusic_social {position:relative;margin:10px 15px 20px 15px;padding:15px;background-color:#fff;border-top-left-radius:5px 5px;border-top-right-radius:5px 5px;border-bottom-right-radius:5px 5px;border-bottom-left-radius:5px 5px;}
    .cashmusic_social a {color:#cdcdcd;font-weight:normal;}
    .cashmusic_twitter {font:14.5px/1.75em georgia,'times new roman',times,serif;}
    .cashmusic_twitter_avatar {float:left;margin:1px 8px 8px 0;}
    .cashmusic_twitter_namespc {color:#ccc;font:11px/1.5em helvetica,"helvetica neue",arial,sans-serif;}
    .cashmusic_twitter_namespc a {color:#007e3d;font:bold 15px/1.85em helvetica,"helvetica neue",arial,sans-serif;}
    .cashmusic_twitter a {color:#007e3d;}
    .cashmusic_social_date {margin-top:10px;color:#cdcdcd;font:11px/1.75em helvetica,"helvetica neue",arial,sans-serif;}
    .cashmusic_social_date a {color:#ccc;}
    .cashmusic_video_container {position:relative;padding-bottom:56.25%;padding-top:30px;height:0;overflow:hidden;}
    .cashmusic_video_container iframe, .cashmusic_video_container object, .cashmusic_video_container embed {position:absolute;top:0;left:0;width:100%;height:100%;}
    .cash_tourdates_event {margin-bottom:18px;}
    .cash_tourdates_date {font-weight:bold;}
    .cash_tourdates_comments {display:block;color:#999;}
    .cash_browserid_button {width:80px;height:28px;position:relative;top:10px;}
    .cashmusic_narrow {width:auto !important;}

/* FORMS */
    input,textarea,select {font:italic 14px/1.25em georgia, times, serif !important;border:1px solid #dddddf;width:100%;padding:8px;margin-bottom:6px;box-sizing:border-box;-moz-box-sizing:border-box;-webkit-box-sizing:border-box;}
    input:active, input:focus, textarea:focus {outline:0;border:1px solid #888;}
    input[type="submit"] {background-color:#231F20;padding:8px 18px 8px 18px !important;font:bold 14px/1.25em helvetica,"segoe ui","segoe wp",arial,sans-serif !important;cursor:pointer;width:auto !important;border:1px solid #231F20;color:#fff;-webkit-transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;-moz-transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;-o-transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;transition: all 0.25s ease-in-out;}
    input[type="submit"]:hover {background-color:#ff0;border-color:#ff0;color:#111;}
    input[type="checkbox"],input[type="radio"]  {width:auto;}
    label {font-size:0.85em;text-transform:uppercase;color:#999;}

@media all and (min-width: 481px) {
        #mainspc {padding:40px 0 0 0;}
    }

{{{element_3680}}}

`
  6. 6 Posted by Black Swift on 03 Jul, 2014 08:17 PM

Hi Tracy,

well, I have page template selected and it has only this:

{{{element_4487}}}

there's no other html listed. nothing.

Ideas?

Thanks!
    Sally

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Tracy on 09 Jul, 2014 09:17 PM

Hi Sally! Sorry for the belated reply - I'm still working out a few kinks to make sure I get notifications for all new messages.

It looks like you didn't select a template! So take note of that {{{element_4487}}} tag.

When you add a new page template (via Main page > Publish/embed > Add a new page: https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/elements/templates/add/) you ought to see two pink links: Use default page markup and Use default embed markup. Choose the embed option.

It'll generate a bunch of code for you and even if you're a total novice at CSS, some things are pretty obvious! You should replace {{{element_markup}} with your particular embed: {{{element_4487}}}

If you want to change the colour of any particular feature but you don't know anything about hex codes, try this colour picker out: http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_colorpicker.asp

If anything stumps you, feel free to ask me for more help. I think I've got everything smoothed out with my email notifications so I should be prompter from here on out.

8. 8 Posted by tray_brown55 on 13 Aug, 2014 08:04 PM

Hello Cash Music,
     Hi im new to Cash Music as well and im in the process of creating my page and I was a bit confused on how to set up the free downloads with and without the email sign up!

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Tracy on 18 Aug, 2014 06:15 AM

Hiya, and welcome to CASH Music!

I see you're jumping in to this pre-existing thread. I'm wondering, where
    exactly are you in the setup process?

Are you in simple mode or advanced mode? And do you already have an account
    with MailChimp?

Give me a bit more background information and I'll try to walk you through!

Very best,
    Tracy

10. 10 Posted by Tray on 19 Aug, 2014 06:39 PM

Oh yeah sorry about that, I didn't even think about starting a new thread. But I believe im in simple mode. Ive been following the steps above 1 -7 , and steps for crhanging the background colors as well. But as of now, no I do not have an account with mailchimp, ive been using google drive as my third party connection.

11. Support Staff 11 Posted by Tracy on 20 Aug, 2014 04:30 PM

Hey Tray!

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Why don't you switch to advanced mode? When you log in, you should see a link in the bottom right-hand corner, or you can follow this link: https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/walkthrough/advanced

Head into Assets. If you've already uploaded your song, you should see it in there. If it isn't there, it's time to create an asset and upload all the music/artwork you want to make available.

Next, head into People and from there, into Lists. If you don't see a list yet, create one and name it whatever you like, and then save it.

Now, head into Commerce and then into Items. Create a new item. There's a dropdown menu for a "fulfillment asset"—this is where you'll select the music you uploaded (your "asset"). You can make it cost $0.00 so that it's just a free download.

Lastly, head over to Elements (you can see an "Add new element" button on the main page, or you can follow this link: https://x.cashmusic.org/admin/elements/add/). You will see all the different elements CASH supports.

• To offer a download in exchange for an email: use the "Email Collection" element. Be sure to select the list you created earlier from the drop-down menu.
    • To offer a download without email collection: use the "Digital Purchase" element.

Let me know how it goes and if you have any more questions!

Very best,
    Tracy

12. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 04:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac