not grabbing authtoken properly

nikhil

25 Mar, 2014 04:45 PM

hi guys,

been trying without much success to link up my google drive account to cashmusic. it keeps saying the authtoken is invalid even though im positive I have it logged in and ready to go.

anyone can shine some light?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 25 Mar, 2014 09:28 PM

That one's weird/new to me. I'm just guessing because it's never come up before, but maybe try logging out first? You might get a better result if you need to go through the whole login process...

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom / (401) 864-2118

2. 2 Posted by nikhil on 26 Mar, 2014 02:07 AM

easy j, thanks for the reply

i tried again from my home computer - seems to be a no-go.

doesn't work on either side - whether I try to 'sell' a release or give it away for download.

check the image I've attached for the specific error. i have some experience with authtokens and the lot but this is fairly bizarre even to me

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 26 Mar, 2014 04:11 AM

in the morning i'll set up a fresh account and see if i can duplicate it. not seeing any issues in my test account locally or on the hosted, but i'll keep in touch.

j

Jesse von Doom

4. 4 Posted by Levi on 27 Mar, 2014 12:22 PM

Hi,

I'm having the same problem here.
    And I'm in the midst of a campaign.

How do I fix this?

Greets

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 27 Mar, 2014 11:35 PM

Hi,

So I've been doing research and I *think* the root of the problem is a change to Google's OAuth policies that was planned for April but moved up with no warning:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-picker-api/tOF_Z0ePK1M

Working on a fix — until then I'd suggest jumping to "advanced mode" and using either a direct link to a file or Amazon's S3 service (more secure/robust than Google Drive too — also cheap and has a lot of initial free space/transfer.)

Sorry about the inconvenience. As a single developer surprises like these can be really hard to adjust to. I'll get it working ASAP.

j

Jesse von Doom

6. 6 Posted by nikhil on 28 Mar, 2014 12:03 AM

Hi Jesse,

Google's up to their shit again as usual.. they pull the same stuff on Android developers like me

Just thought it'd be good if you knew nonetheless... def gonna try out the direct link thing! thanks

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 28 Mar, 2014 12:27 AM

Just so you know I *just* got a fix going. Passing all tests — going to push up to production in a minute. Drive still isn't great...low throttle rates hurt bigger campaigns, but you'll at least be able to kick the tires on it properly in a few.

j

Jesse von Doom

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 28 Mar, 2014 12:39 AM

Okay — tested locally and after the push to production and it looks like things are working. Sorry again about this one...so frustrating.

As a recap:
    + added in OAuth to the picker API so it plays nice (used to cause a known bug, so I'm wary)
    + we're not at paid API limits yet, but I added billing to our API account — seems like there might be undocumented benefits, which is consistent with google APIs

Hope it's working a little nicer for you! (And glad it wan't a massive fix. In the middle of a bunch of admin enhancements...)

j

Jesse von Doom

9. 9 Posted by B Dawg on 23 Apr, 2014 01:52 PM

I'm still having this same issue over here. Any idea what the story is? Is there something I should try on my end?

Also, is there a way for me to delete a CashMusic account? In full disclosure, I've set up about 5 CashMusic accounts in effort to resolve my issue.

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 23 Apr, 2014 04:18 PM

Hi,

I just ran through our whole test suite, tested locally, and then tested with the live version of the hosted platform and still no issues. I just can't seem to duplicate your problem.

To be sure:

- You're using the hosted version of the platform at x.cashmusic.org/admin, right?
     - When you visit drive.google.com you see Google Drive okay?
     - If you click through to "advanced mode" and go through settings->third party connections->Google Drive it still fails?

Let me know as much as you can and I'll keep trying to duplicate things.

As an FYI, you can also use Amazon S3 from advanced mode, and it's far better in terms of reliability/scale than GDrive. For most uses it'd remain under their free trial limit and it's dirt cheap after that. Here's the link:

http://aws.amazon.com/s3/

And you'll find more under the platform's help menu.

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom

11. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 06:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac