Background Image

David Rowett

26 Feb, 2014 04:28 PM

Hey guys

Using the platform and its great, couple of issues/questions. The image on the background is zoomed in and cant work out how to fit that image to screen?

Secondly, is it possible to set two tracks as a download on one asset?

Dave

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 26 Feb, 2014 05:11 PM

Hey David,

Yeah both of these things are possible / easily fixed. They're also some of the things we need to make *a lot* easier this year...

So they're both solved by switching to "advanced mode." First up the background. On the main page of advanced mode, way at the bottom, you'll see a link for "Edit the current page." Click it and you have full control over the HTML and CSS of your page. What you're looking for to get the image to fit is to changed the background-size property of the body via CSS. Here:

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/background-size

(I promise it's not that bad — save a copy of the page and you can always fix any fuck-ups.)

Next the download. I'd actually suggest just putting both files into a zip and offering that. People understand them and it's neat/tidy. But if you want to offer two separate things go to the "Assets" page of the platform, add a new release (you only have to worry about name and description, leave the rest blank.) Now after you've added it you'll see a section for "Fulfillment files" — upload any files you want there. Now go back to the main page, click "details" on your email for download element, and change the downloadable asset to your new release.

Sorry it's clunky in these spots — working to make it a lot smoother in the coming months!

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom / (401) 864-2118

2. 2 Posted by Dave Rowett on 26 Feb, 2014 05:39 PM

Hi Jessie

Can’t seem to change the size of that file right, i’m working on new desert blues or /newdesertblues that i have just set up, is there any way you can do this for me?

Understood on the zip will look at that, is there a way of editing one that’s already set up or do i need to delete and then start over?

Dave

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Jesse von Doom on 26 Feb, 2014 06:08 PM

Oh yeah you can edit the one that's already set up. On the main page in "advanced" just look for the element created when you first set things up. Upload the file. Go to the main page. Click "details" and then change the asset to your new zip.

Sorry, but I can't do the edits for you. Here's a little more about CSS background sizing:

http://alistapart.com/article/supersize-that-background-please

j

Jesse von Doom
    @jessevondoom / (401) 864-2118

4. Tracy closed this discussion on 17 Mar, 2015 06:04 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac